Dear Youth Leader,
Let me introduce you to G4G, Geared Up For God. G4G is an outdoor adventure based ministry of New Beginnings Ranch. New Beginnings Ranch is offering to partner with youth leaders like yourself to give teens a summer adventure in the mountains of the western slope of Colorado. We have done this for three years with a group from Lincoln, NE shepherded by Shayne Daughenbach and are opening up this opportunity to other youth groups for the summer of 2017.
This is how we do it.
- A local leader recruits a group of 10-20 teens and adult sponsors who enjoy rock climbing, rappelling, river rafting, mountaineering, hiking, canyoneering, and camping. These people must be willing to be very active! This is not for couch potatoes.
- We base camp at New Beginnings Ranch (NBR) near Telluride, CO. NBR has nice sleeping cabins that house 4-6 people, a central bath house with showers and flushing toilets, an enclosed sunroom for gatherings and meals, and 1057 acres of private wilderness.
- Together we plan a schedule to enjoy NBR and day trips to places such as Telluride, Mesa Verde, Ouray and Moab, UT to rock climb, rappel, river raft, hike, canyoneer, mountaineer and explore Native American dwellings.
- Together we choose a spiritual theme that the day’s adventure illustrates and which meets the known needs of your group. During the day we pause for brief spiritual lessons and at the evening worship we discuss what we experienced and learned that day. No long lectures; just get in, make a point and move on. Our staff are committed to sharing Jesus and the difference He makes in their lives.
- Our staff play and work along with your group like one big family.
- We provide all the equipment needed for the adventures.
- Vegetarian meals are included.
- Sponsors jobs include:
Dishwashing tubs-set up and clean up
Distributing dish bags
Setting out food
Supervising campers washing cooking dishes – rotate by cabin
Supervising campers cleaning bathrooms – rotate by cabin
Getting people ready/in vehicles for day trips
Assisting with meal prep
Sack lunch preparation-insure everyone make a lunch
Driving teens between events
Connecting with God and campers – everyone’s job!
Cost is always a big concern, so we do our best to keep it low. One way we do that is to have everyone help with the duties. Teens help with meal prep and clean up and clean bathrooms as needed. Sponsors need to be willing to work alongside the teens in these duties. Also plan on gas costs for day trips. Our trips are all within 2 1/2 hours drive of camp, and we will go 3-4 days depending on rain and interests of group. There is a flat rate charge of $180 per teen for a week camp (example arrive Friday evening before supper and leave the following Friday after breakfast). Sponsors pay only $100 to cover their food.
We would love to work with you to provide this opportunity for the teens in your ministry. Currently we have dates available in late June, mid to late July and early August. We do require a $100 deposit to hold dates. That is refundable up to one month in advance of the camp.
The best pictures of summer of 2016 camps are on our Facebook site FB.me/nbrcolorado
By the way, G4G can be adapted to active, young and older adult groups as well. Let us know what your dreams are, and we will work with you to provide a special experience for those in your ministry.
Hope to work with you soon,
New Beginnings Ranch